WA parking fine

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

steve larkin

27 May 2021
good afternoon

on the 9th of may i took my wife and children out for mothers day, i parked ina Wilson car park and went to the payment booth and it said nothing to display now. just states the below.

1. Park your car, 2. Note Licence Plate, 3. Register plate and pay at machine
so on reding this is assumed it was like in most shopping centres now they take a photo of your reg palte and when you leave you input your reg plate number and it tells you the amount to pay. so on leaving i went to the payment booth and typed in my reg number and it told me nothing about either the amount nor the fact that i had been given a fine, so myself and my daughter counted the time we spent there and payed the money took the receipt and went back to my car, only to fine a fine of $65 on my windscreen, i appealed the fine on the grounds that nothing was stated about "pay before you park your car". and the fact that i had payed for the time i was there. but they said No the fine still stands the fine docket has a photo of my car and empty spaces all around me. what can i do here and advice if they insist that i pay then before i do i want my payment back i paid for parking even if it was after the fine was issued.