QLD Parental responsibility - how often granted?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Thefactsonly

30 January 2017
for the next part there is now an thought for one party will apply for sole parental responsibility - how often is this granted in court? Understand parties can't communicate and one feels severe anxiety when trying to make decisions jointly, however in honesty this one party has made all decisions for past 5 years. How does Court view this process?

sammy01

27 September 2015
sole parental responsibility gets removed when one parent has demonstrated they are a risk to the child. Sexual abuse, etc etc.... Asking for sole parental responsibility because talking to the other parent stresses you out isn't gonna cut it.

SO LETs ASSUME.... One parent claims that he/she can't communicate with the other parent because it is too stressful and has severe anxiety... AND that same parent thinks that is justification for eliminating the child from the other parents life..... That aint gonna work

BTW I get it... I really do.seeing my ex causes me stress and I have had to take medicaiton, learn stress management etc in order to do pick up and drop offs. At the time I was not primary carer. So I had to choose learn to deal with the extreme anxiety, or not see my kids....

Thefactsonly

30 January 2017
Sorry I not clear, it was suggested by family report it might be better to award it to the parent the child lives with, same case where the dvo is going to be contested. Sad all
Round really.