WA Overstayer, Girlfriend pregnant, Please HELP

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

TimTom

15 May 2017
HI, apologies if this question has already been asked and answered.

I'm in a defecto relationship with my girlfriend who is a permanent resident. We only found out last night she is pregnant... and I have overstayed my visa since June 2015.

BACK STORY:
Due to a very toxic and mentaly difficulty marriage with my ex wife the relationship broke down. Unfortunately she has mental condition called borderline personality disorder. after only one year the marriage was over and I personally went into the department of immigration and canceled the bridging visa (we were waiting on a 820 partner visa to be granted) which I was on via my ex wife.

I overstayed knowing full well the risks involved and had intended to leave around six months after as to save money to afford the tickets and money to live on. due to more financial difficulties I'm still here and now seeking your best advice.

My girlfriend is pregnant and we want keep the baby and raise the kid here, but she is sick with worry over my situation. I'm seeking your advice as to what to do next.

Thank you for reading this,
Regards

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
See a lawyer who is also a Registered Migration Agent immediately.

ReiSixx9

27 March 2017
HI, apologies if this question has already been asked and answered.

I'm in a defecto relationship with my girlfriend who is a permanent resident. We only found out last night she is pregnant... and I have overstayed my visa since June 2015.

BACK STORY:
Due to a very toxic and mentaly difficulty marriage with my ex wife the relationship broke down. Unfortunately she has mental condition called borderline personality disorder. after only one year the marriage was over and I personally went into the department of immigration and canceled the bridging visa (we were waiting on a 820 partner visa to be granted) which I was on via my ex wife.

I overstayed knowing full well the risks involved and had intended to leave around six months after as to save money to afford the tickets and money to live on. due to more financial difficulties I'm still here and now seeking your best advice.

My girlfriend is pregnant and we want keep the baby and raise the kid here, but she is sick with worry over my situation. I'm seeking your advice as to what to do next.

Thank you for reading this,
Regards

How did Tim W's solution work for you?