SA overlap of jurisdictions

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

okanynameyouwishthen

12 February 2015
Austral
So was wondering if anyone has involved the States welfare & safety agencies if felt ignored/ripped off/shafted in Family courts ?
As in filing a notification of psychological child abuse & sent them in all their evidence that never even got considered in Federal ?
Litigation re: parenting/custody is a far way different than proving abuse, is it not ?

GlassHalfFull

28 August 2018
Thing about family courts is that evidence needs to be tested and that generally never happens until a trial (12+ months later). So everything you submit in a notice of abuse is noted and may form the background for any interim orders made, but it would be silly to treat it as fact until it has been tested.

But yes, litigation regarding parenting/custody is way different to proving abuse. I'm kind of left wondering what exactly you're asking, or what you aren't happy about specifically?

okanynameyouwishthen

12 February 2015
Austral
All the evidence was in early days Family Court to disprove lots false allegations & yes frustrating as hell to keep being shafted every 2 or 3 months at next waste of time hearing. The thing is the way the trial went down eventually the evidence disproving the false allegations made initially became swamped by new issues by time of trial - 2 years later. Meanwhile father/ child relationship had been severely limited during that Interim 2 year period. I stated from day one & will say it until day I leave this earth, the mother under legal advice set about the course she did to gain unfair advantage & doing so knowingly she was not only perpetrating domestic violence against me but more importantly inflicting child abuse on our daughter( coercing/controlling behaviour-keeping her from contact with family members- causing child to be fearful for our well being etc. )
Because her lawyers bullied & barged their way through the trial & buried all the false allegations aspect as by then I was fighting fresh allegations & basically the entire case was determined by fact I sent many " truth based " letters to her lawyers pointing out stuff such as putting them on notice that I expected them to instantly inform Judge at next hearing of " X, Y, Z " that was wrong, misleading & as I had pointed this out to them complete with the transcript or document that backed me up they were obligated to do just that. I was unrepresented & they would make the entire next hearing about " the vile, threatening letters I had sent to the lawyer".
Point being my case all along has been the mother in insisting on this nonsense & her conduct throughout constitutes child abuse. I had expected it to be ruled upon in FCCA & it wasn't even closely ruled on.
Fast forward 18 months & the sole parent set up the mother secured by way of false allegations etc. saw child suffer badly throughout 2019 school year. Grades down from A's & B's to straight D's & out of 179 possible school days the mother managed to get her to school late 24 days, collected early 10 days but worse she was chronic absenteeism with the 52 days missed. Over 10 full weeks at 11 years old ! School tried setting up strategies to assist & mother ultra defensive deflected any blame back onto school. I'm told by principal she failed to reply to many contact attempts in various form, became progressivelly more aggressive & rude to several staff, ignored & walked away from the school counsellor who was quietly suggesting an appointment at CAHMS to speak to child psychologist that she could fast track.
Principal also told me mother had genuinely requested school change child's surname as child supposedly told her to ask them. He told me off record he has never seen a parent/child codependency issue to touch what they have.
In her wisdom then & the school no longer seeing her as the poor victim worthy of continued sympathy & kid gloves & holding different views towards child's predicament than 5-6 years ago, the mother decided to remove child from that school & enrol her in a different school , bypassing 10 other/closer schools, a further 20 minute drive away & that just happens to be where she attended years ago.
I feel the village idiot would agree that by creating this chaos for child to live in by conduct in FCCA & insisting I was the problem & then child suffers further once mother had got what she wanted someone has got to look into this finally. I believe I would have a mental breakdown trying to get it back into FCCA such was the inhumane treatment subjected to. Honestly I've seen this as a child protection issue since day one & trying to get my head around it all & engage I thought surely someone has gone that route before me & if so how did they fare?
Hope that clarrifies that a bit. Please give opinions/history /suggestions. Appreciate it.