QLD OP not follow the order after the order issued in within a month.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

ATE000Rosemary

9 May 2021
Hi,
I have final order said the child should spend first school holiday with me. But my ex already breached order withhold child from home on the final day. And I contacted her via email( I blocked her numbers) she did not respond. Can I ask police to contact her ?
Thanks

Last edited:

sammy01

27 September 2015
Un block her number and text her (assuming you don't have an avo?) But unblock her number. Time to suck it up.... OR listen to this little story.My ex is a nutter. 50-100 text messages a day. Everytime my phone pinged I had anxiety.... So I bought a new phone. Told everyone my new number, everyone except HER.... So now i have my sane persons phone in my pocket and my bat phone in the boot of the car. I check it once a day, incase there has been a problem... But mostly it stays in the boot. Whydo I call it the 'bat phone?" because my ex is bat sht crazy...
But you need to be able to contact her and she needs to be able to contact you. Blocking her number is not productive.

Yep - you can ask the cops to do a welfare check. They will call her, she will say she is fine and that is all.

Reactions: ATE000Rosemary

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Police do not get involved in Family Court orders, only intervention orders.

ATE000Rosemary

9 May 2021
Un block her number and text her (assuming you don't have an avo?) But unblock her number. Time to suck it up.... OR listen to this little story.My ex is a nutter. 50-100 text messages a day. Everytime my phone pinged I had anxiety.... So I bought a new phone. Told everyone my new number, everyone except HER.... So now i have my sane persons phone in my pocket and my bat phone in the boot of the car. I check it once a day, incase there has been a problem... But mostly it stays in the boot. Whydo I call it the 'bat phone?" because my ex is bat sht crazy...
But you need to be able to contact her and she needs to be able to contact you. Blocking her number is not productive.

Yep - you can ask the cops to do a welfare check. They will call her, she will say she is fine and that is all.
If I unblock her number and text her I believe she will twist thing like I am the person harrase her. She is good at that. I blocked her number and limit conversation and she tried to creat more conversation and conflicts. Even so she still file a risk DVO as respondent. Judge ignored that in court.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Unblock her. Send her a message.
Dear ex, our court orders state XXX you have not complied. Can you please notify me when you will be providing XXXX access with me as per the court orders?

That is all.... It means you have documentation that you've tried to see your kid. She can claim harassment, but if your text is nice - then how can she claim harassment?