Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised and confidential legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

VIC Online Shopping Delayed Delivery - What To Do?

Discussion in 'Australian Consumer Law Forum' started by bentharris, 14 February 2015.

1. bentharris

bentharris Member

Hi, I am from Melbourne. I purchased some gifts for Valentines Day and the gifts have still not reached me yet. I contacted them and they said sorry we are unable to send you today, you will get them tomorrow. What should Ii do and what can I do with them legally under Australian Consumer Law?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. John R

John R Well-Known Member

Hi @bentharris,
    1. Which online shop?
    2. Did they provide any delivery guarantee at time of purchase?
    3. What is their shipping/delivery policy?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    DennisD likes this.
  3. bentharris

bentharris Member

HI,
    Thanks for prompt reply. I didn't read the policy. They mentioned that there may be delay if product out of stock. We will deliver you soon as soon as we get from the supplier. Well i just checked the policy and i got it. I think there is no way to get them punish for this.

4. John R

John R Well-Known Member

Hi @bentharris
    Yes, online shopping has its pros and cons.
    It's difficult to assist further without knowing the online store and/or its delivery policy. That said, did the website advise that the product was in-stock at time of purchase?