QLD Number of Annexures?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

JadeGoldCoast

7 October 2017
Hi all,

I am aware that generally for interim hearings the limit of annexures per affidavit is 5. I found the below info when I googled:
"Note: In interim proceedings, unless express leave is granted by the Judge into whose docket the matter has been allocated, affidavit material in support of an interim application must not exceed 10 pages in length for each affidavit or contain more than 5 annexures".

My partner had his interim hearing on Monday and the judge has reserved his judgment to a date to be advised - he said hopefully within the next two weeks.

The mother has lied about many things in her affidavit and also lied to the judge on Monday. We would like to file a really short affidavit in the next few days with several annexures to disprove the mother's allegations and to help aid the judge's decision. In this case, would more than 5 annexures be deemed acceptable?

Thank you.

khunter

3 August 2021
If you list annexure under five categories, so one can be communication which includes emails, texts, letters etc second can be professional reports like police records, doctors certificates etc that's what i did it was accepted. Because I had so much evidence I just put it into categories to make it easier

JadeGoldCoast

7 October 2017
Oh this is a great idea!
Back in 2018 we submitted an affidavit through Brisbane court which included many many more than 5 annexures. I am not sure if the rules perhaps changed after this.