NSW Will Past Offence Show Up on National Police Check?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Jonti

13 November 2019
Hello,

I'm currently looking at pursuing a career that involves a national police check and a working with children check (NSW), and I am wondering if a discretion from my youth will show up.

When I was 20, I was evicted from a sports ground by a police officer for giving a 17-year-old alcohol. The police officer took me to a security room and issued me a formal warning before ejecting me. I wasn't required to go to court, nor was any formal coms sent to me. Will a police warning show up in these checks?

I know this was recorded because it was brought up by a police officer when I was caught for fare evasion years later.

Thanks

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
A Police check shows disclosable convictions only (convictions that are not spent).

A working with children check is an ongoing assessment. The criminal history information used for this process includes convictions and charges, whether or not the charges were prosecuted and regardless of the result of any prosecution. It also includes juvenile records.

Neither check includes warnings from Police where no charge was laid.

Last edited: