NSW NSW Fair Trading and Home Building Disput - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

judy168

16 April 2016
My home building dispute with a tiler has been ongoing since December 2014. NSW Fair Trading did not make rectification orders and referred me to NCAT. Now NSW Fair Trading will not intervene because it is a tribunal case. The tribunal is not enforcing the law.

The tiler has a continuance of non-compliances of tribunal orders, breached statutory warranty, breached their licence and did not have much evidence to prove their case. The tribunal website states tribunal orders must be complied and no emails are accepted as evidence and the tiler got away with this. The tribunal is not penalising the tiler for any of these offences.

judy168

16 April 2016
I was planning to make an Internal appeal. But is it even worth going through NCAT internal appeal when the member that made the final decision was a senior member?

S

Sophea

Sorry Judy don't know much about the internal appeal process but I guess its worth a shot if you are not getting anywhere.

Reactions: judy168