Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Note Taking Method for Students

Discussion in 'Australian Law Students Forum' started by Beau3, 12 August 2017.

1. Beau3

Beau3 Member

I created a video on how to take notes in law school and was wondering what, if anything, your law school provided to help you take notes more effectively. Also, I was wondering if you were familiar with this note taking method before going to law school.

As a law professor, I am always curious as to what other law schools are doing.

Thanks.

#1 Beau3, 12 August 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: 14 August 2017
  2. Iamthelaw

Iamthelaw Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what Universities are currently doing. Although, I recently spoke to a current student who mentioned that for a subject they found difficult they used a program called One Note that allowed them to to simultaneously connect to a single document and he and other students all took down different sections of notes, expanded on certain points and contributed to each other's questions within. Sounded pretty clever.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

OneNote is great for research and group work. For normal note taking MS Word is the application of choice.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...