Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

QLD Non-Solicitation Agreement - Loopholes in Employment Contract?

Discussion in 'Employment Law Forum' started by Jamie-lee, 3 May 2016.

1. Jamie-lee

Jamie-lee Member

Hi,

I have been employed for approx. 10 weeks. (still within my 3-month probation period). I signed an agreement at the beginning of my employment stating that I could not own a business or work for another employer within a 5km radius of my current employment for 2 years following the end of my employment.

Circumstances have changed and I would like to open my own business in the same industry, within the 5km radius as this is the suburb to where we live and our children go to school. I have been told there may be loop holes in the employment contract depending on how it is worded, etc. I would like a definite answer as I do not want to go any further and end up in court.

2. Tim W

Tim W Lawyer
    LawTap Verified Lawyer

You'll need to take it to a solicitor for that kind of advice.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Serge Gorval

Serge Gorval Well-Known Member

^ Agreed.

It's very hard to give even general advice without first being provided with the wording of the covenant.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...