NSW Non custody parent moving

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Ssomerville

24 February 2021
Hi, my partner is divorced with 2 kids. We have the kids 2 weekends on 1 weekend off and half holidays. My partner recieved a job 1.5hrs away however we said we would still get the kids on our Fridays and dropof Sundays, we would do this.
She knew this was coming before he got the job however now he has it is complaining it's too much for the kids and she is going to her solicitor. Does she have any rights to stop us moving? I doubt she will stop us trying to see the kids as much as we do as she has admitted she can't handle them as much as she has them now. There is no court order. It's all private including private payments where we pay here $100 a week plus half of every additional costs, school uniforms/supplies, medical etc.

Ssomerville

24 February 2021
Hi, my partner is divorced with 2 kids. We have the kids 2 weekends on 1 weekend off and half holidays. My partner recieved a job 1.5hrs away however we said we would still get the kids on our Fridays and dropof Sundays, we would do this.
She knew this was coming before he got the job however now he has it is complaining it's too much for the kids and she is going to her solicitor. Does she have any rights to stop us moving? I doubt she will stop us trying to see the kids as much as we do as she has admitted she can't handle them as much as she has them now. There is no court order. It's all private including private payments where we pay here $100 a week plus half of every additional costs, school uniforms/supplies, medical etc.
Also to add she told us she is thinking of moving to Queensland in a year or 2

sammy01

27 September 2015
no orders means you (and she) can do what you like as far as moving.
1 and a half hours - no big deal.

So you go to a restaurant. The food is crap, waitress is rude. Do you leave a tip? you do....
So this chick thinks she can tell you what to do, where to live and when you can see the kids and in return you pay extra $ to her?
wow.

Can she move to QLD? yep. you can apply to stop her / have her return. What are the chances of winning? based on the info provided I've got no idea. I'm not a psychic. But moving 1. 1/2 hours away isn't gonna help your cause.