VIC No Communication or Contact with Son on Christmas Day

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

kenny rogers

27 December 2016
I have finals orders in place. My son was not made available on Christmas day. No contact or communication at the current time. We are supposed to have him for half of the holidays but there is no conformation that will happen. Best way to rectify what has happened and fix this up.

kenny rogers

27 December 2016
I have finals orders in place. My son was not made available on Christmas day. No contact or communication at the current time. We are supposed to have him for half of the holidays but there is no conformation that will happen. Best way to rectify what has happened and fix this up.

I have also been made aware that the ex has moved somewhere else as there current house is up for rent. I have no idea where they are going, so should I be putting in to get a recovery order?

sammy01

27 September 2015
You could ask the cops to do a welfare check. If you really really have concerns, not for the whereabouts but for their wellbeing, then this is an option. But it won't help... They will find the ex and let you know both ex and child are ok, but nothing else.

Go see your solicitor ASAP.

So a few questions - What sort of access do the court orders provide? How old are the court orders?

Don't continue to call her. You could be accused of harassment... A text message letting her know that you believe she has not complied with the orders and requesting some communication from her about the orders is a good idea - but don't harass. That means don't keep calling / texting and don't leave any threatening voice messages

Mate try and stay calm, but get to your solicitor ASAP

kenny rogers

27 December 2016
Hi sam,

2012 orders were made. Half holidays for summer school holidays. How long does it take for the contravention application to be heard? Should I be seeking a location order?

sammy01

27 September 2015
Is that the only time you have contact with your kid? Look, a (relocation) order is one thing and may not be applicable - depending on the answer to the question above...

You should be making a contravention application based on the breach of the orders.