WA Next of kin

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Janice D

18 May 2020
Hi, I would like to remove any members of my family from any records stating they may be my next of kin for medical purposes and also in the event of my death, I wish to exclude all members from any authority, executor and from receiving any monetary gains from my estate. Can you help me? Thanks

Atticus

6 February 2019
I would like to remove any members of my family from any records stating they may be my next of kin for medical purposes
What records are they on as your NOK?
in the event of my death, I wish to exclude all members from any authority, executor and from receiving any monetary gains from my estate.
See a lawyer to make a will leaving everything to your favourite charity

A solicitor can assist to prepare a Will to exclude anyone you do not wish to benefit from your estate. A solicitor can also assist with power of attorney and medical powers of attorney/guardianship - depending on the legislation in your State. A financial planner can assist with ensuring that your superannuation goes where you want it to go - don't rely on the super fund, particularly if it is an industry super fund, to give you advice.

Janice D

18 May 2020
A solicitor can assist to prepare a Will to exclude anyone you do not wish to benefit from your estate. A solicitor can also assist with power of attorney and medical powers of attorney/guardianship - depending on the legislation in your State. A financial planner can assist with ensuring that your superannuation goes where you want it to go - don't rely on the super fund, particularly if it is an industry super fund, to give you advice.
Thanks Suzie

Atticus

6 February 2019
Medical Records
You don't have to nominate a blood relative as NOK if you prefer someone else .... I suggest you make an advance care directive & have that available to hospital/ care facility (may be able to upload it to my health record )... ask your lawyer about it when doing your will