NSW New bf baiting me to breach avo

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Johns

16 March 2021
The new bf of my ex that has an avo on me that used to be my friend and who I lived with has made a fake Instagram account and contacted me posing as her then I called him out on it .I also have seen him out one night and he was drunk and baiting me saying things like “ I’m f#@&ing your girl and you can’t do a thing about it, you can’t touch me or you’ll go back to jail”. What can I do about this

sammy01

27 September 2015
Nothing. Do absolutely nothing.
Do you have kids with the ex? If yes, doing something will only make her p*ssed off and that will impact on your time with the kids.
Don't have kids? Sweet. Move on, don't get involved. It is easy for them to get you charged because of the avo. You' re on a hiding to nothing. So walk away.

Johns

16 March 2021
Nothing. Do absolutely nothing.
Do you have kids with the ex? If yes, doing something will only make her p*ssed off and that will impact on your time with the kids.
Don't have kids? Sweet. Move on, don't get involved. It is easy for them to get you charged because of the avo. You' re on a hiding to nothing. So walk away.
another concern I have is my mates, because the new bf called me in on a breach of bail and got me locked up for another brief period of time even tho I wasn’t breaching the avo, he saw I was in the area and called it in with the police. Now all my friends wanna get him and I’ve told them not to but they already hated him and are using this as an excuse. Will I get investigated or charged if something happens to him even tho I didn’t want it to?

Johns

16 March 2021
another concern I have is my mates, because the new bf called me in on a breach of bail and got me locked up for another brief period of time even tho I wasn’t breaching the avo, he saw I was in the area and called it in with the police. Now all my friends wanna get him and I’ve told them not to but they already hated him and are using this as an excuse. Will I get investigated or charged if something happens to him even tho I didn’t want it to?
Also no kids involved

Atticus

6 February 2019
Will I get investigated or charged if something happens to him even tho I didn’t want it to?
Potentially .... If for instance one of these blokes said it was a 'favour to you' or that you somehow suggested it should happen.

GlassHalfFull

28 August 2018
Get an AVO on him, thatl shut him up. Him swearing at you is enough to get one.
Normally I wouldn't support having a back and forth IVO battle with anyone (they're just pathetic and overused weapons in many cases), but that probably sounds like a good idea. At least then you're protected and the situation may look a bit more complicated if police did have to get involved. When you're the only one with an IVO, it's very easy to look like the 'bad guy'.