QLD Neighbours threatening voice in our house - Upload to YouTube?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
13 November 2019
Greetings,

Our neighbors have been projecting their voices in whispering tones and sending frequencies directly into our house. They use stereo speakers and an microphone to do this. This has been confirmed by others.

We were recently recommended an sound meter to record these actions and believe it will solve our problem, given the sheer capability of it and confirmed professional opinions.

My question is....if your don't give the name of the person but simply state the suburb of which we live. Are we allowed to submit these findings to youtube for everyone to see their really worrying behavior.

In the pass, they have stated.

"Your going to all die"
"No one will help you all"
"Your mother deserved to die" She died of cancer at home.
"We never gonna give up"

They can get personally with family members.

"Your an single"
"Your too ugly to be an...."a person who sleeps around"

If these findings are discovered and confirmed by professional officially. Am I able to post them on youtube, not mention their name or street but only simply stated where I am roughly located. Is that legal to do?

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
Why? Putting that on YouTube won't achieve a thing, except maybe further harassment - or worse.

That kind of evidence should be give to the Police - not YouTube. If they're in a rental property, you should also give it to their landlord along with a formal written complaint.

13 November 2019
I hear getting anywhere with these cases is somewhat difficult especially with the police and if the police refuse to do anything. I just wish to ensure something is done e.g. Put my findings on Youtube if all else fails.

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
"Your going to all die"
"No one will help you all"
"We never gonna give up"
If you have recordings of those quotes in particular, there is no doubt that the Police should act on it if you report it. If they don't, then you can look at other avenues, but posting on YouTube won't "ensure something is done" about it at all - it will likely cause you more grief, not less.

Let's say you post a video on YouTube. Maybe some people see it and maybe some leave comments. Well so what? That won't change anything. But when your neighbour finds out about it, they'll probably celebrate the fact that they're getting to you and up the ante to see what you post next. You're essentially telling them right there that you're not going to call the Police or take any other action. They'll love it.

You need to think about what is going to happen if you start posting videos on the internet and things escalate. To the Police, it will look like you're provoking them. If you want any chance of something being done about this, then the Police must be your first option. Even if they don't act now, posting videos on the internet could damage the chances of the Police being able to do anything in the future. The other thing is that if they are renting, then getting the Police involved greatly increases the chances of their landlord being able to evict them - especially if they're in public housing.

Anyway, to answer your original question, you can post the videos if you want to - and if you know for certain who is actually speaking, you can also name them if you want to. You can only get into trouble if you publicly accuse someone while knowing that it's not them who's actually doing it.