VIC Negligence and Potentially fatal consequences by Roadside Assistance

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

smiths

17 April 2017
I called my Roadside Assistance service provider for replacement of my Car's Flat Tyre at my home on Thursday morning. Mechanic left after replacing the flat tyre. I took out my car on Friday evening to catch up with my appointments but to my dismay, I experienced some weird noise, as I started driving.

Realising that there was something wrong, within my drive of approx 100 metres, I parked my car on road-side.

I did a quick inspection of the replaced tyre, shockingly all the screws were left loose. This could have turned fatal due to sheer negligence of the mechanic from the Roadside Assistance Service Provider.

Afterwards, I reported this incident to their call-centre and have been advised to wait for a call from them.

My question is -

How can I ensure that this service provider does not repeat such negligence of fatal consequences?
What is the best recourse for me, if there is any compensation possible ?

All suggestions and recommendations are welcome.

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi,
I think you were very lucky and you have handled this correctly. Other than reporting the incident to consumer affairs / protection (depending on your state / territory) I'm not sure anything would be worth the cost and trouble of pursuing.

smiths

17 April 2017
Hi,

Thanks You !! Besides the service provider - who else can I report this negligence in state of Victoria ? Really appreciate your inputs.