NSW Need your help and advice for threatning

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Var

15 April 2018
Hi Everyone,

I had an incident on Friday after which I am being threatened by two girls. Incident is like this. Please request you to ignore silly mistake by me and advise me if I need to take any action or keep quiet in this case.

Incident:
I received a message by a girl to date and meet. She gave me the address. I went there where I saw one more girl, which wasn't expected. Anyway, she asked me $100 which I gave to her. Then she asked what do u want and started massaging me. I told her I am not comfortable like this then she asked me to go to another room and wait. After few minutes I came outside the she said that I paid her without asking age so now they have recorded this conversation and give it to police. Then they started threatening me to give this recording to the police and asked for money. I returned from there but still they are asking for money.

My situation is : They invited me but they never talked about the age, I was not aware with the age. Neither I was aware or ready with the sexual activities they started and the girls looked like pretty matured, looking like in 30's and we didn't do any kind of sex, I didn't even touched her. Still I don't know her age.

My question is : Is it completely a trap to make money from me and therefore should I ignore it or there are some chances that they can go to the police in this case considering the situation above ?

Kindly help as it's very disturbing for me.

Thanks
Var

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Do not give more money without involving the police. The girls are committing the crime of extortion.

Getting into this situation in the first place indicates you may not have the maturity or ability to get out of it without help. You may need to see a lawyer because if they are truly underage then you may be at risk.

BTW the giving of $100 and not expecting favours in return seems unlikely especially if the removal of clothing preceded the attempted massage.

Var

15 April 2018
Do not give more money without involving the police. The girls are committing the crime of extortion.

You may need to see a lawyer because if they are truly underage then you may be at risk.

BTW the giving of $100 and not expecting favours in return seems unlikely especially if the removal of clothing preceded the attempted massage.

Thanks a ton Rod, appreciate your time and help.

- I am not giving any money to them.
- They don't seem to be underage to me at all, looked like 30+, however even if she is underage, I am just wondering what's my fault ? I didn't do anything with her just gave $100, that's it !
- Aah she asked for $100 and I couldn't deny as she messaged me just before coming that she needs $100. There was no removal of clothing.....even I told her I am not comfortable.

I just wanted to know the opinion as to what charges can be created against me if there are any !

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
If the girl/woman was not underage, based on your post you have done nothing wrong.

Var

15 April 2018
If the girl/woman was not underage, based on your post you have done nothing wrong.
Thanks again Rod, I am sure that the girl wasn't less than 20. However Since I haven't seen her identity document - even if the girl is under 18, what may be the wrong thing which can go against me as per the above scenario ?

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
Can't comment because it depends on what body parts were touched and by whom. And don't post here the details.