VIC Need urgent help please

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Lilmissy

30 March 2018
Please no judgement. I need advice on what to expect my boyfriend has been arrested and is being held in police custody awaiting Tuesday so he can go before parole board his got traffic offense one of which is evading police he panicked and floored it when they tried to pull him over his got other charges to buy I don't know what they are. There are other things like I'm expecting our first child his got 5 months left on parole but now this has happened what's the likelihood they'll slap him with lose of licese community service etc or should I prepare myself for him going back to jail

Cobra1972

3 June 2018
It depends on his prior history.... He will be charged with a number of driving offences, including Dangerous / Reckless driving and Evade Police. His car was probably impounded also? His license is gone, for some time. Unfortunately, that will put pressure on you with a child on the way.

Look on the bright side, he didn't kill an innocent bystander and ruin a number of families, including your own.

All the best.

kevin586

14 January 2019
Go and talk to Legal Aid in your state, you may qualify for legal aid and legal representation. Do a search on the net to find these organsiations.

As the previous poster said, it could have been worse. It seems you are young so you have plenty of years to recover from this. besta luck