QLD national police check

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Greg lynch

20 December 2015
My national police check has come back with " has no disclosable court outcomes or pending records by any Australian police jurisdiction as at 6 October 2017! I have a conviction 34 years old ,Question is would this read has NO convictions? omitting the disclosable if i had no convictions at all regardless of how old? ie I am paranoid that my employer will read into this and take it that i am hiding something from my past OR are all written in the same fashion ie disclosable? Hope i have explained this well enough TA Greg

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
From memory the "no disclosable [convictions]" is the standard wording.

Kristy Howell

9 October 2017
There’s a few things at play here

1. 34 years ago were you an adult? (Juvenile records are not disclosable)

2. If you were do you remember the court outcome (you may have received a S.10 bond) which means no conviction recorded

3. In NSW there is spent offences legislation allowing prior criminal offences to be wiped clean after an exceptionally long time and no further issues

However, to the best of my knowledge the fact it has come back that way indicated your employer will not find anything different (he will be provided the same result)

And even if did, you could rely on the fact you sought your criminal record and responded to the question based on that info (I.e. nothing disclosable)

Good luck

5 September 2019
www.koncheck.com
First of all, why are you worrying? If your National Police check comes with NDCO (No disclosable court outcomes), that means you are clear from all charges!

Secondly, is it spent Conviction? Because in some territories like NSW, spent convictions are not considered as Disclosable outcomes!

Were you juvenile 34 years ago? In case you were, then juvenile records are not disclosable.

Most importantly, as per my best knowledge, you and your employer will receive the same records! If your employer gets any disclosable outcomes, then is it a relevant offence? If not, then make him understand your point!

In case of further police check, you can obtain it through KONCHECK! It is accredited by ACIC and very much accurate!