My mother bought a house using her money. Her ex partner is on the title. He has paid no money towards the house in over Ten years.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Nevah

27 April 2020
My mother bought a house using her money. Her ex partner is on the title. He broke up with her over Ten years ago and has paid no money towards the house in over Ten years. How do we remove him from the title?

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
What state is the property in?

Depending on which State the property is held as to the options available to you. In general though, unless the ex-partner agrees to his interest in the property being transferred to your mother, she may have no other option than to ask for a court to make an order that the the ex-partner be removed from the title.

Disclaimer: My comments are for general information purposes only which are current at the time of publication, and do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. Professional advice should be sought prior to any action being taken in reliance on any of the information expressed here. You may seek professional advice from me, but any advice given is subject to satisfactory engagement of legal services on Bambrick Legal's usual terms and full and proper disclosure of all relevant facts and circumstances.
For professional legal advice, contact Suzi Cengarle, Bambrick Legal – Kent Town SA – Law Tap – Find a Lawyer & Book Online Instantly