My car I bought 9 months ago engine blew up

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Chanae Waugh

22 September 2017
I bough my Suzuki Grand Vitara 2011 with 87000 kilometres on the odometer from a large dealership for $18490 on January the 15th 2017. On the 7th of June I called there service centre which I am told to use to maintain my warranty and say my car is making a bad noise can I bring it in, he says not till next month. I pull over and contact roadside assist and they organise to pick the car up from a car park the next morning. The water pump had come off so the mechanic put in a new one, inspected the cooling system which was covered by the extended warranty I purchased and did a service on the vehicle. On September the 20th the car started to make a ticking sound while I was sitting in traffic then the dashboard lights went ding and I realised the car had no power. The engine now has a cracked head they are telling me I need a new engine which will be $7500 and isn't covered by warranty. Obviously after having issues so soon I feel like the vehicle was no good from the moment I drove out. So where do I stand that I obviously wouldn't of paid 18000 for a vehicle that 9 months later would require a whole new engine.