TAS Mothers Estate Issues

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Dulcie

18 April 2019
I was born in Tasmania where my mother passed away. I now live in Western Australia.
Will processes in WA are different to Tas, and I am having difficulty with issues surrounding the estate.
I have the following questions:
If the executors wish to move the affairs from one solicitor/accountant to another what is the process? Is it appoint a new solicitor/accountant and get them to write a letter to transfer all documentation to the new solicitor/accountant asap? How long can the the solicitor/accountant take to hand it over?
Can an executor ask to see the trust bank account which is held by the solicitor? Reason for asking is one of the executors was advised that a shareholding held by my mother was sold and the monies deposited to the trust bank account and now they have been advised almost three months later that the shares are not yet sold?
The shares owned by my mother are to be distributed between 6 beneficiaries of which I am one. I received some documents to sign with an unknown parcel of shares to be transferred to my name. On checking the probate list as provided by the solicitors this particular lot of shares does not appear on the list. What is the process the solicitors do to make up the list of probate assets and if these are still owned but not accounted for what effect does this have on the probate already declared?

As you may guess there is a lot of stress applying to us all when dealing with this issue and the solicitors and accountant are not helping matters.

Hoping you can help