Minute of Consent -extra time for mum

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Madagascar Madness

16 April 2018
Hi All..
ive spoken of the serious abuse of my granddaughter before and the current court proceedings.
We have to file a minute of consent and we are sticking with the original interim orders sought,
children reside with father, mother has 6 months supervised access (already happening since February 13) then possible unsupervised day visit once fortnight. But not at her home or in presence of her current partner.

These orders dont allow for mum to have extra time in the mean time (which we are ok to consider) .
The question is ..
how to we give extra time if mum is on supervised visits (2 hours on a Sunday), what would be a good suggestion? we are a bit stumped.

sammy01

27 September 2015
I'm a bit lost...
You're the paternal grand-parent?
Do the orders say 'other times by agreement" or something similar?

Madagascar Madness

16 April 2018
I'm a bit lost...
You're the paternal grand-parent?
Do the orders say 'other times by agreement" or something similar?
yes I am...
no it doesn't have other times by a agreement or anything similar....
she currently has 4 hours on a sunday of which she only uses two..
everything has to be supervised...
lawyer wants us to offer something extra as far a s contact goes, we are stumped to how offer when it needs to be supervised.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Offer mum some time on Tuesday at the contact centre, for example...

Nonfiction

17 May 2018
Victoria
Who is the supervisor (contact centre, maternal family...)? Why is mum only spending 2 of the 4 hours with the child? Are there any proposed orders for the child to spend some time with mum on special occasions? Has your sons lawyer made any suggestions as to how additional time could be facilitated?

Last edited: