NSW Minor, Can I be sued.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
21 June 2018
So I own a Grand Theft Auto 5 cheat. Take 2(the parent company of rockstar who owns gta) Has been serving cease and decist letters to other cheat providers. First of all can I be sued, I am 15 and also can my family be sued since I am using their internet connection. etc. And can I get a cease and decist ? and if I do get one what happens.

MartyK

4 June 2016
Why not ‘cease and desist’ before you have to find out?

Reactions: Tim W

Clancy

6 April 2016
When your underage, you can literally get away with murder, but that is just killing someone.... whereas what you are talking about here is something far far more serious.... this is *copyright* your talking about!!!! In terms of legal enforcement, there 'is' no more powerful, longer reaching or unrelenting force in all the universe!

This is why Aliens wont make contact with Earth, because of all the human movies and music they collected over the years without paying, and dont wanna pay.!!

(comical and exadurative elements in this post)

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Yes, your family can be sued. I have no opinion on how likely this may be.

BTW, cheating is for wusses and no real guage of your ability. If GTA is rife with cheats seemingly giving you no option but to cheat to compete, find a game that does not have cheats. I gave up playing some good games for this reason.

Cheating is a dishonest activity and likely to cause problems in life as you get older. Break the habit now rather than when police knock on the door.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney

Bill Murray

6 June 2018
I've no idea how your cheat operates but Google Glider for Wow. US case but still probably relevant.