NSW Mediation after no contact for 4 years | advice needed

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

LeahOWL

11 January 2020
Can someone tell me the likely outcome of this family law matter:

My daughters father has had no physical contact with her for 4 years. A few FaceTime and letters here and there. Thru our separation I had 3 avo’s against him. Since he has also been in and out of jail for what I think many breaches of avos, assault against ex partner (1 child who is younger than my son), drugs and theft. Approx 4-5 times.

He has recently come out of jail and is doing a rehab program with help of family and wants to go to mediation to have a relationship with our daughter. Our daughter is now 10 and wants nothing to do with him. And until I know he is of stable mind etc etc I don’t want there being anything either. I have always watched my words when speaking of him to my daughter and have told my her I will go to meet up etc. my ex partner seems to think he is moving to the suburb we live after living 12 hours away the last 5 years to have access when he wants.

I am in the process of working with solicitor but I am starting to get nervous of what the court out come will be.

Any advice or experience in this area would be greatly appreciated.