NSW May I Still Record Interactions with Ex Under Family Law?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

James07

13 January 2016
I have court orders stating I'm not allowed to record any interactions between myself and my ex. Yet NSW legislation says I can use it to protect myself.

My question is can I still record under Family Law?

sammy01

27 September 2015
You risk being found responsible for breaching the court orders by recording the ex and risk having the court impose a sanction... So why do you want to record the interactions? Especially given you've already been told by a magistrate not to...

James07

13 January 2016
You risk being found responsible for breaching the court orders by recording the ex and risk having the court impose a sanction... So why do you want to record the interactions? Especially given you've already been told by a magistrate not to...

To prevent further allegations of sexual assault and allegations, my presence stresses my child, even though he runs up to say hi and gives me hugs. ICL is also taking her side

sammy01

27 September 2015
Ok so do as you're told. Do not record. Can you bring a witness to changeovers? Can you meet in public? Make it her responsibility to prove that you're abusive and the best way to do that is to meet in public.

Reactions: James07

MartyK

4 June 2016
You are not going to win any brownie points with the Court by breaching the injunction. The word Contempt comes to mind.

Has there been a Family Report? If not, the report writer will observe how comfortable your child is in your presence and this will be reflected in the report.

Are you spending any time with your child right now?