VIC Making a Boundary Survey Notice - How to Go about It??

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Tonyed

15 September 2015
I need to send a boundary survey notice to a neighbour; can I do this myself and is there a particular format or template I need to use? Or can i just write a letter stating my case for the survey?

S

Sophea

Hi Tonyed, what state are you in? It may depend where you are located as to the specific requirements for a boundary survey notice, however I know that in Victoria and some other states there is no prescribed notice, so you can just write a letter giving notice to your neighbour setting out your intention to have the common boundary defined by a licensed surveyor unless the two of you can agree on its location. Make sure you date it and keep a copy of it for yourself.

Tonyed

15 September 2015
Hi Tonyed, what state are you in? It may depend where you are located as to the specific requirements for a boundary survey notice, however I know that in Victoria and some other states there is no prescribed notice, so you can just write a letter giving notice to your neighbour setting out your intention to have the common boundary defined by a licensed surveyor unless the two of you can agree on its location. Make sure you date it and keep a copy of it for yourself.
Thank you , I am in Victoria so I will do as you have advised.