QLD losing inheritance due to bankruptcy

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
15 August 2017
hello I went bankrupt in the year 2008 it was through no choice of my own i had been struggling for many years after having to bury my wife at 22 raise my son as a single parent an bear all those costs, i had no choice, creditors were no help either constantly upping credit limits offering new cards and it goes on. i had no choice bankruptcy was the only way i felt and this was advised several times by so called advisors. i claimed bankruptcy and it was a relief i was free. Sadly shortly after this my father passed away suddenly. he left his an his partners house to be split between my sibling and my self on the passing of his then partner. 10 years on and she has passed away, i served my bankruptcy period abiding by all the rules of such. the house i am told is vested in the trustee, at teh time of my bancruptcy i owed about 75,000 dollars which for an ordinary person would have been wiped off after the three years due to my inheritance i have to pay this to the creditors plus the 10 years of interest, i can live with paying teh original debt, the 75,000 but to pay interest is ridiculous my debts were to banks and financial institutions who would have wiped these amounts off long ago. i always expected to loose the principle of what i owed but to pay interest when i had no control on the collection of the estate is rediculous, can someone please advise if i can do anything at all