QLD Listed Under Protection on DVO - What Happens Now?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
9 May 2018
Hi,

I was sent pictures this afternoon from my sister of an application for a DVO in Qld, for which they are whom its against. On the second page, my name and two other people are listed under protection.

I and one of the others don't want to be listed on there as we didn't even know about it and the people its against pose no threat to either of us. The person who submitted the application is known for telling lies and causing trouble. I can you please tell me what is going to happen and what do I do about it?

Thanks

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Who applied for the order, your sister or the police or someone else?

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
I'm not sure of the process in this situation.

Call the court in the first instance and explain your situation and ask them what process you need to follow to get your name off the DVO as a protected person.

They may baulk at telling you anything saying you need a lawyer, but reassure them you just want to know if they have a form to fill in, or whether you have to complete an affidavit. Stick to asking about the PROCESS. As soon as you ask anything that can be construed as a legal question they will say they can't help and hang up.

Let us know how you get on.

Tim W

Lawyer
28 April 2014
Sydney
Do nothing.
It has no impact on you at all.
Just go about your life regardless.