SA License disqualification

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Heyman_526

25 December 2019
Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen I was wondering if I can get some help please?

A number of months ago I let someone drive my car and on that day they were caught speeding 3 times in as many hours 2 weeks later I received 3 fines in the mail I wasn't even in the car at all that day yet I'm being accused of speeding.
I'm a learner still yet nowhere on any of my fines does it say failure to display plates.
After 5 stat decks ( I assume they weren't accepted) a phone call was made to the fines department and they granted me a 14 day hold on my fines (so I thought)
Just yesterday I received 2 letters in the mail advising me that my license has been disqualified for 6 months and I have 28 days to go and pay Service SA $35 acknowledging my disqualification or they will add $140 to my fines which have already almost doubled. The other letter advised me about demeret points.

It also said that I wasn't able to appeal what can I do? I feel like a stat deck would be a waste of time if it didn't work the first 5 times it probably won't work now.

I thought about an appeal even though it said I can't, Do I need to face a magistrate to to do this? I am doubtful they will change their mind otherwise and I believe this will be the quickest way to get my license back.

Any help is grately appreciated thank you.

Adam1user

5 January 2018
Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen I was wondering if I can get some help please?

A number of months ago I let someone drive my car and on that day they were caught speeding 3 times in as many hours 2 weeks later I received 3 fines in the mail I wasn't even in the car at all that day yet I'm being accused of speeding.
I'm a learner still yet nowhere on any of my fines does it say failure to display plates.
After 5 stat decks ( I assume they weren't accepted) a phone call was made to the fines department and they granted me a 14 day hold on my fines (so I thought)
Just yesterday I received 2 letters in the mail advising me that my license has been disqualified for 6 months and I have 28 days to go and pay Service SA $35 acknowledging my disqualification or they will add $140 to my fines which have already almost doubled. The other letter advised me about demeret points.

It also said that I wasn't able to appeal what can I do? I feel like a stat deck would be a waste of time if it didn't work the first 5 times it probably won't work now.

I thought about an appeal even though it said I can't, Do I need to face a magistrate to to do this? I am doubtful they will change their mind otherwise and I believe this will be the quickest way to get my license back.

Any help is grately appreciated thank you.

I am in NSW, and in NSW, you can nominate the person who did the infringements, so I am not sure how it is in SA, but I assume it will be the same, call the proper authority and ask them, they will be able to advise you on the best way to go. If they advise you to go to court, then go, but there maybe something done before going to court.