QLD Letter got lost due to sender using wrong address. Can I claim a compensation?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

UNAFS

5 March 2020
Good evening. I recently had a consultation with a dentist. I brought hard copies of my Cone Beam Scan and other test results to this consultation. At the end of the consultation they did not give me any hard copies back and I only noticed this when I came home to the Sunshine Coast (dentist is in Brisbane). I contacted dentist the next day who apologised and said they will mail me these documents. The same day I emailed them my current postal address. One month passed, and I haven't received anything from them. Contacted the dentist and found out they sent it to my old address they had on file, even though I specifically asked to send it to my new address in my email. I was still living at my old address when I scheduled the appointment, and on the day of the consultation they did not ask if any of my details changed. The dentist promised to lodge a request with Australia Post. They lodged it about 2 months ago, and last time I contacted the dentist about this request there was no update from the Australia Post, so I am pretty sure the letter got lost and the dentist decided not to inform me about it. The test results that got lost were pretty expensive, I provided the dentist with my correct postal address, and I am annoyed the dentist lost it and now I have to carry the loss of these documents. Can I claim a compensation from the dentist and/or from the Australia Post? I haven't spoken to the Australia Post myself, dentist lodged the request with them as a sender. It is pretty frustrating my documents got lost due to someone else's fault and I don't even have have an opportunity to speak to the Post myself. Please advise what could be done in this situation.