NSW Legislation governing the mailing of vehicular infringements.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

bashprompt

11 June 2018
Hi. I'm trying to find the legislation governing the mailing of infringements through the post. Been digging around austlii but I cannot seem to find anything governing the specific time period from the time of offence to the time of infringement issuance. Surely it's not utterly unrestricted?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
I'm not in NSW and don't know. I'd start with the the Fines Act NSW 1996 and its regulations if there are any.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Hi. I'm trying to find the legislation governing the mailing of infringements through the post. Been digging around austlii but I cannot seem to find anything governing the specific time period from the time of offence to the time of infringement issuance. Surely it's not utterly unrestricted?
How long has it been?

Clancy

6 April 2016
It matters not.

If the authorities computer registers it as posted, even if it was not physically posted or was lost in the mail, that's just bad luck for you.

There is a wondrous and magical term overruling ANY circumstance you can imagine resulting in you not receiving the notice in the mail. That term is 'deemed to be served' THE END.