QLD Legal Representation with No Win No Fee clause & registered with Civil Law Legal Aide Scheme. Defamation Issue

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Deb Em

2 April 2022
Hi! I have a question regarding the best way to get help with the financial cost of having a Concerns Notice issued on a " lady " in our street who has made Defamatory statement's to others against myself & two sons. I was considering going down the CLLAS scheme ( Civil Law Legal Aide Scheme ) but need a Lawyer who is registered under that scheme and also has a " no win no fee " clause. The Notice of Concerns letter is $1650, and after loosing my job as a Nurse due to c..d I will struggle to get this done on my own. Any help in the right direction will be greatly appreciated. We currently have a peace & good behaviour order on this " lady " which expires in July this year. The defamation is not included in this order only protected by her threats & violence's so police said its a civil matter now as she hasn't technically breached the order. This lady rents privately and the real estate although aware wont breech her due to the owner not agreeing to do so. He just wants his mortgage paid I guess. So, the only thing we can do is serve a notice of concerns letter but I have no clue what legaide aide can assist or any Lawyers that are registered under the CLLAS with a no win no fee clause. Been putting up with this since 2010. Looking at Emotional/Mental Personal Injury claim as we all have been greatly effected in many ways by her hate towards us. First though I think I need a Notice of Concerns issued before moving forward. Does Legal Aide help with this letter? I'm so overwhelmed on how to handle this.

Last edited:

sammy01

27 September 2015
No win no fee only works for compensation cases. So you break your leg at the shops. No win no fee laywer reckons you're a sure thing. Agrees to take the case, under the condition they get a huge chunk of any settlement. So you win and get $100 000 compo. They take most of it... In this case they won't take you on because even if you win.... I'm guessing this 'lady' doesn't have a huge amount of $$ to give you. So the lawyers wont take on the case.
Really it should be called no pay no fee. But if they don't think they can win they won't touch the case.