NSW Lawyer to provide sending registered mail on my behalf

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Adam1user

5 January 2018
Hello all,
I am trying to find a lawyer that will provide a service of mailing me prepared envelop overseas based on my instruction. I am traveling overseas and need this with a lawyer that can be trusted with.
I do not want to rely on people as there is a possibility that they may forget or lose the parcel.
This is not a common thing and it is not illegal. it is just I am in a situation where I want a service that I can rely on 100%.
please leave a message if you or know of someone who can provide this service.

I am aware that I can do this with Australia Post, but the date may change and it may be confusing with Australia Post.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
What are the details of the contract?

How often are you sending a 'hold email'?
What is the risk to the lawyer in not following instructions?
How long is the contract (eg one month, 2 years, etc)?
How big/heavy is the parcel/package?
Are the contents valuable, fragile,or hazardous?
Is payment being offered upfront?
What happens if there is a delay in receiving the 'hold' email? I'd suggest two methods - email and text, though neither email or text are guaranteed services by Telcos. Probably need email receipt acknowledgement on each 'hold' email/txt received as the services are not guaranteed delivery.

Are you sure this is really worth it?

I can't see using a lawyer being cheap.

Adam1user

5 January 2018
What are the details of the contract?

How often are you sending a 'hold email'?
What is the risk to the lawyer in not following instructions?
How long is the contract (eg one month, 2 years, etc)?
How big/heavy is the parcel/package?
Are the contents valuable, fragile,or hazardous?
Is payment being offered upfront?
What happens if there is a delay in receiving the 'hold' email? I'd suggest two methods - email and text, though neither email or text are guaranteed services by Telcos. Probably need email receipt acknowledgement on each 'hold' email/txt received as the services are not guaranteed delivery.

Are you sure this is really worth it?

I can't see using a lawyer being cheap.

Good points and I will answer some and other will be discussed with the lawyer who should contact me.
No risk to the lawyer for delay in sending the mail, but I need reliable person to mail them, if there is a risk that the lawyer will not mail them, then what is the use of engaging a lawyer. I will not sue for the delay in mailing, couple of days delay is no issue at all..
The term will be for couple of months time, maybe less or more. I may pick up the parcels (need not be sent) [payment still made either way].
The letters (several letters) will not be around 200-250 grams each.
The contents have sentimental value to me only and is worthless to others. Nothing is illegal and I will close the envelops in front of the lawyer.
I am not expecting this will be free of charge. I am sure we can come to terms of payment.

All aspects will be discussed with the lawyer.
It is better that lawyer in Sydney only, as distance is a disadvantage.
Thanks,

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
Am I correct in assuming that you are looking to secure some personal effects because this overseas visit could turn out to be permanent?

That would certainly answer a lot of questions - such as why something like a safety deposit box wouldn't be suitable (you would need to come back to retreive the contents).

Adam1user

5 January 2018
Am I correct in assuming that you are looking to secure some personal effects because this overseas visit could turn out to be permanent?

That would certainly answer a lot of questions - such as why something like a safety deposit box wouldn't be suitable (you would need to come back to retreive the contents).

This is part of it, I am in a situation that I need to go and may come back so I need a reliable service, (could be permanent).