NSW Lawyer Fees and Services - Registered Mail Correspondence?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Adam1user

5 January 2018
Hello all, and thanks in advance for your comments. I appreciate urgent replies.

I would like to know if I can engage a lawyer / solicitor to mail me a registered mail in case there was no contact from me to the lawyer? What I mean is, I will send an email with a predefined password that the lawyer will know ever period, if the lawyer does not receive that email for a certain number of times, then the lawyer will put the letters in the mail? The letters will be sealed in a registered mail envelope.
Is that service possible? And what is the estimated cost for such a service or lawyer fees?

I am in NSW.

Thanks a lot.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
No idea of cost.

But why do it that way? The better alternative is to set up a delayed email that gets sent if you fail to reset the timer. I haven't tried it to know the quirks but gmail add-ons have a feature that allows delayed email.

Tailor the message to the circumstance with a possible follow up call if necessary before the next step is taken.

Adam1user

5 January 2018
No idea of cost.

But why do it that way? The better alternative is to set up a delayed email that gets sent if you fail to reset the timer. I haven't tried it to know the quirks but gmail add-ons have a feature that allows delayed email.

Tailor the message to the circumstance with a possible follow up call if necessary before the next step is taken.

Thanks Rod for you answer,

The mail that is to be sent by the lawyer will be hardcopy and not electronic, my contact with the lawyer will be through email or sms, depending on the situation. I just wanted to know if this type of service can be provided by a lawyer / solicitor.

Thanks again.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Up to each lawyer. If you are willing to pay money I'm sure there's a lawyer who will accept it for the right price.

Re: Hardcopy. Why not just have the letter/material placed in a safe deposit box somewhere with instructions and power of attorney set up so the lawyer can access it when they receive the instructing email?

Adam1user

5 January 2018
Up to each lawyer. If you are willing to pay money I'm sure there's a lawyer who will accept it for the right price.

Re: Hardcopy. Why not just have the letter/material placed in a safe deposit box somewhere with instructions and power of attorney set up so the lawyer can access it when they receive the instructing email?
Thanks again Rod, I appreciate it. I know it will not be free, so that is why I asked for a range price for this service.

It is better for my objective that is why I want it that way.

I will have a look and try and find a couple to chose from.

Thanks again,

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
I think it depends on whether or not your looking for a "no questions asked" type of deal here.

The reason I say that, is that this "looks" very much like you're trying to hide something from authorities or some other person. If that's what a lawyer thinks, then without a full explanation, they would be unlikely to get invoved if they think what you are doing may be illegal, or otherwise somehow connected to an illegal act or activity.

If you want to get a lawyer involved, then you would have to be willing to provide full disclosure of what it's all about.

There may be other services that you could use though, such as companies that specialize in secure document delivery etc. You may be able to find one that offers some kind of "holding" service.

Adam1user

5 January 2018
I think it depends on whether or not your looking for a "no questions asked" type of deal here.

The reason I say that, is that this "looks" very much like you're trying to hide something from authorities or some other person. If that's what a lawyer thinks, then without a full explanation, they would be unlikely to get invoved if they think what you are doing may be illegal, or otherwise somehow connected to an illegal act or activity.

If you want to get a lawyer involved, then you would have to be willing to provide full disclosure of what it's all about.

There may be other services that you could use though, such as companies that specialize in secure document delivery etc. You may be able to find one that offers some kind of "holding" service.

Thanks for that point, it did not occur to me that way. It does look that way once I read my comment again. it is not illegal. it is not common I can say.

Anyway, once I talk to a lawyer, i will provide full disclosure as I know the lawyer will not disclose it to anyone.

Good point.

Thanks,

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
Does it have to be a lawyer? Got any close family or friends that you can trust with this task? Would certainly save you money.

I'll do it for next to nothing if you want, but I'm not a lawyer. Sounds like easy money to me. :)