WA Lawnmower littering my property

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

John82

11 February 2016
My next door neighbours hire a lawnmowing contractor who always mows their lawn without a catcher. My driveway runs along the property boundary and their lawn meets my driveway. He will always aim the lawnmower as to have it spraying grass all over my driveway. The same applies when he uses a whipper sniper - he will aim it so as to directly have it spray all over my driveway and my vehicle which is parked very close by (it does not fit in my garage)

When the wind is blowing a particular direction (which it regularly is) All of the debris ends up at my front door, and blown into my garage through cracks either side of my garage door. It is also quite close to my side gate and on a few occasions I have also had the debris all over my outdoor furniture out back and in my swimming pool!

Generally after mowing - he will also give the grass and fertiliser remnants a helping hand by using a leaf blower and blowing directly into the direction of my property and house making the problem even worse.

I am usually not home when this occurs however on one occasion he did it quite late in the afternoon and was just finishing as I arrived home. I pulled into my driveway quickly because I was going to confront him however he quickly scurried to get in his car and drive off.

It may seem a little pedantic however I spend a great deal of time caring for my property and having it look in great shape and I get very annoyed about constantly having to clean up after someone else's mess especially given they are effectively littering my property. I see it as being no different to me pruning all of my shrubs and flowers in my garden, collecting them all up in a bucket and dumping them on a neighbours property.

I'm wondering if anyone can suggest what I can do about this issue? Through asking around I have managed to find this guy's details (name and number) but do not have his business name (if he even has one).

Many thanks.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
After talking to your neighbour and if getting nowhere, send him and the garden guy a cease and desist letter.

Recommend talking to the neighbour telling him you allow his garden guy onto your property to blow the garden material off your property as a final clean up.