Law firm can keep my information for good?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Alex25

4 April 2017
So I submitted an online enquiry to a law firm hoping to get some direction as to potential steps but it appears the only reason they contacted me today was to confirm my details and add me to their mailing list. Also apparently I am on their books for good now since its on their privacy policy that I agreed to (fair enuff). But there was no assistance provided whatsoever. I was rather comprehensive in my enquiry and they just asked me for my union name and responded that we don't work with that union. About all the help I got.

The best they could do was we won't send you any email promotions for wills, etc.

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi Alex,
You could try writing a letter asking that all previous correspondence be destroyed along with any records held with your information on them. You could say I require a written response confirming these actions have been undertaken by ........ a given date, usually a couple of weeks. At the very least you should get a formal response as to why they wont do it and it will mean if you so desire you can do something with it.