QLD Landlord suing realtor for damages

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Corina

20 November 2017
I have a negligence/ duty of care dispute with a real estate agency i engaged to manage my property for a 6 year period.

Need to sue for breach of contract and breaking client confidentiality.

Agency refusing to take resposibility for 17 missing keys, missing items like filters, oven trays, TV boosters, gas bottles.

Neglect and destruction of landscaping, out of control neighboring property under their care roots system compromising our property. They did nothing.

Allowing tenants to install satellite tv and disconnect free to air tv services without permission. Missing booster.

And finally. For unethical behaviour and missconduct, breaching client -agent confidentiality by supplying my private emails to vacating tenants, as well as, contact details of previous tenants to last vacating tenants so they could fight us in court about bond.

Agency has had since Aug 15. 2017
To resolve. Has not . I have issued 7 day notice. Which they have ignored.

Need to know the first bodys to place complaint with. Can i apply to QCAT myself. ?
Do i need to engage a solitor firm?

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
You can apply to QCAT yourself. Generally legal representation is not allowed in QCAT.