Lack of response to family court summons

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Nugget76

21 February 2018
So I’ve sought legal counsel in anticipation for a court hearing, I’m attempting all the required channels before filing in the daily court.

What happens if the other party are summoned and they don’t respond - at this time it would be for relocating and possibly seeking sole parental responsibility.

Do the courts grant you what you want? Or do they make you try again?

sammy01

27 September 2015
You're seeking to relocate?
Do orders currently exist?
Is the other parent spending time with the child?

Nugget76

21 February 2018
You're seeking to relocate?
Do orders currently exist?
Is the other parent spending time with the child?
I am seeking to relocate, they’ve said no - so Mediation is being attempted at the moment. I feel they will ignore everything through.
There are no court orders and they have not seen my kids for a long time. (Years)

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
So how have you managed to file an application without a certificate (which must be the case if mediation is underway) Or do you have one?
You are also using archaic terms, summoned is served. Who have you served, lawyer or actual respondent? How have you served? Have you filed a notice of service?

A few things can happen if people do not turn up after being served but, are you sure they wont show?
Why have the other parent not seen the Kids?