SA Is this considered defamation?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

bettymin

15 November 2017
back-story:
i buy a lot of clothing online and occasionally i will receive something that isn't a good fit or doesn't suit me.
I always forget to return things on time so i just sell them online for a reduced price.
The jeans i sold to this buyer was, to my knowledge, exactly as described. I purchased the item directly from the website i listed in the item details.
I was unaware that the jeans had been sold to me mislabeled, however the buyer noticed.
She accused me of listing the item using the wrong brand name, putting the jeans into packaging with the brand name on it to intentionally deceive her (it's the package that the jeans came in) and then proceeded to post this

"Absolutely pathetic- lies and misleads her products. DO NOT RECOMMEND HER AT ALL"

i have sent the buyer screen shots of the invoice, i spoke with customer support at the store i purchased them from & sent a copy of the conversation in which they state it was mislabeled and she refuses to change the feedback. She also refuses to return the jeans, send pictures of the tags or cooperate in anyway

So in order to set my feedback to private, i have taken all my sales items off ebay because that feedback is right at the top and it is completely untrue.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Unlikely to be defamation.

While you may have been unintentionally misleading, you were still misleading.

Keep putting clothes on Ebay, and gradually that feedback will disappear. Over time you will encounter more unreasonable people this, so just accept it happens, try to do the right thing and just move on.

bettymin

15 November 2017
Unlikely to be defamation.

While you may have been unintentionally misleading, you were still misleading.

Keep putting clothes on Ebay, and gradually that feedback will disappear. Over time you will encounter more unreasonable people this, so just accept it happens, try to do the right thing and just move on.

I did some research. And those are boohoo jeans. They are purchased from a wholesaler and relabelled. so all this drama because someone at the warehouse didn't relabel a pair of jeans.

I'm not selling on ebay anymore. I used to sell for my dad on his account when i still lived at home & this is the first time i've ever had an issue like this.
I don't like crazy women talking rubbish about me on ebay, that's what facebook is for