NSW Is there a correct term

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Rochelle G

16 July 2019
I heard that you were able to state the other party was negligent to the asset pool due to their excessive gambling. How do you propose this in a letter disputing offer on these grounds. Ie other party spending $200-500 week at pubs club have bank statements to prove.

Atticus

6 February 2019
If the joint assert pool is being depleted by gambling the term is wastage.. Unless you are fairly well acquainted with the legislation & procedures, you will need legal assistance to set out your case in an affidavit

Rochelle G

16 July 2019
I wanted to have the right terms so I could clearly set out what I was meaning when I sat with someone to commence my paperwork and wasn’t sure whether to take all that information. Thank you so much

sammy01

27 September 2015
Add backs.... Is a term I'm familiar with that is probably appropriate in your context.

Atticus

6 February 2019
Yep... To be clear, the term for what has occurred is wastage.... An Add back is what you would be seeking as recompense for the wastage that has contributed to the loss from the joint asset pool...

In this case an add back if granted would be like the court saying that $XXXXX should be considered as an amount already received by your ex in the distribution of assets