QLD Is receiving the salary with someone else bank card legal?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
21 April 2017
Hi everyone

I just want to know: Is receiving a salary with someone else bank card legal? what are the potential risks by doing so?

thanks, everyone !

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
If you mean having your income deposited into someone else's bank account, there's nothing illegal in doing so. It is, however, inherently risky in that someone else has access to your money - and you do not.

Reactions: Tim W
21 April 2017
If you mean having your income deposited into someone else's bank account, there's nothing illegal in doing so. It is, however, inherently risky in that someone else has access to your money - and you do not.

thank you, Rob! this bank account belongs to my mother, she comes to see me twice every year, and this account has a feature: if we were to deposit some money everymonth, the annully fee would be waived, so I intend to give this account to my employer who offers a casual job, and reveive salary from the employer by this account directly, if it is legal, then why bother tranfering? by doing that, is there any ilegal part?

thank you for your answer !