NSW Is a Final Hearing Scheduled at the Directions Hearing?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

ConfusedMama

7 June 2017
Hello,

Can someone explain these to me?

Is a final hearing scheduled at a directions hearing? What does the judge use to base final decisions?

Honestly, it seems like parents can get away with pretty terrible behaviour and in the end it means nothing.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Best interests of the child, section 60CC of the Family Law Act.

See, a lot of people struggle with this, but being a terrible person doesn't mean their children should have their right to a relationship with them violated. It's their best interests the Court is concerned with, not the parents'.

ConfusedMama

7 June 2017
Best interests of the child, section 60CC of the Family Law Act.

See, a lot of people struggle with this, but being a terrible person doesn't mean their children should have their right to a relationship with them violated. It's their best interests the Court is concerned with, not the parents'.

Thank you for that.

By terrible person I do mean the way that the kids have been treated, what they've been exposed to. How they're being manipulated. I can only hope an ICL will manage to find the truth and it will matter in the end, somehow.

teflongirl

29 January 2016
Sadly, it's not about truth - it's about a negotiated outcome for the benefit of the child.