NSW Intimaidation and Harassment According to the Police?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

my4daughters21

18 January 2020
Can someone please help me as to what the police consider " Intimidation" and "Harassment"?

The police issued an AVO on my ex-partner and feel he is both intimidating and harassing me at the moment.

I have emailed everything to the Constable that is dealing with but have not heard from him.

My anxiety is through the roof and I am worried I will keep going.

my4daughters21

18 January 2020
what is the ex doing that is causing you to feel intimidated?
Send emails and Skype messages that suggest I'm on drugs and drinking, not looking after my kids. I have had him swear and abuse me telling me to f***ing stop feeding the carnival food and take them to the park also not to go and hang out with my friends with the children, etc.

All of the things being said are untrue they are well looked after and feed not drinking around them or doing any drugs he has reported me to FACTS and I've had them visit me they were happy with everything and know I'm looking after my children and not drink, etc.

He says he has a right to be a concerned for his children and I know he does but he is just lying to try and beat me down and thinks if he makes me mentally unstable he will get custody of our children

Atticus

6 February 2019
Can someone please help me as to what the police consider " Intimidation" and "Harassment
send emails and skype msg that suggest I'm on drugs and drinking not looking after my kids I have had him swear and abuse me telling me to f***ing stop feeding the carnival food and take them to the park also not to go and hang out with my friends with the children ect
I think that behaviour would come very close to intimidation in the eyes of a magistrate, & harassment if it is ongoing..

sammy01

27 September 2015
You have an AVO against him? Does it have a no contact order?
I'd have thought just by contacting you he is in breach?

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
I agree with Sammy. If there's a no contact order, you should call CrimeStoppers every time he makes contact or if he makes a serious threat, call triple zero instead.

Keep a diary of every contact from the ex. Include the, date, time, method of contact (email, skype, sms, etc) and what is said. If it's a two way conversation (which you should avoid) then include everything you say as well. Note in the diary the date and time that each incident is reported to the Police and include the event number that the Police give you. This diary may be very important in the future.

my4daughters21

18 January 2020
You have an avo against him? does it have a no-contact order?
I'd have thought just by contacting you he is in breach?
We had no contact then I dropped the no contact at the last mention due to the fact we have small children and I could not communicate with him about them at all. He can not come within 50 metres of my house or place of work.

If there were no small children involved then I would never have dropped the no-contact order because within a day I started to receive the emails.

my4daughters21

18 January 2020
He's contesting the AVO, so I'm hoping the police have enough evidence for the AVO to stay in place. The hearing is next month.

Jesso

2 February 2020
Go into the station and ask to speak with the officer handling your case or say you just want to speak to someone who can tell you if the ex will be getting breached. Have you submitted an statement to the police? If not ask to do one.

I report any breach or concern of breach to police link first. This way it's been recorded. Then it will get sent through to the police station as a 'job' and go from there. It also helps if you feel you aren't being taken seriously cause you can call police link and tell them what's happening.
You may not have police link but there should be a similar service where you live if not.

Otherwise if the police don't follow through with charges go to a different station.