SA Interim orders silent on support person present at change over.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Notsureonthis

31 January 2022
Not delving into too much detail bc DV and FCFCOA etc

interim Orders state chage over occurs between father or his parents. Silent on his partner being there. Change over is in police station for my safety.

This is stressing me out and she speaks on his behalf or his mums behalf bc she believes their version (naturally). Thinks I am the dangerous one (not bothered I have my evidence).

Asked my lawyer, she said its between me and the dad and support people can be there if both parties agree.. shared it and said no because I am always doing this alone and its hard enough as it is.

Their lawyer basically said the same thing minus the permission part. Get to change over, see her and his mum there and instant shaking I almost fall over.

Lawyer is obvi out of office so I am waiting for her advice on seeing the legal aspect of this.

I don't know how to handle it all... its effecting my ability to parent at this point and I don't know how to get this intentional provoking and abuse to stop.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Simply, ask your lawyer to write to the father and ask him to refrain from bringing other people to the changeover as this makes you feel anxious and that is not good for your child.
Do this.

And then, when it continues, which it will, it will be almost impossible for them to show
that an unreasonable, atypical, number of people present cannot be seen as anything other than
a gesture of intimidation towards you.