VIC Intercepted by Police on the Street?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Hopy07

2 December 2016
Hi,

I would like to know if the police are in the wrong.

My drivers licence was suspended and at this time, I didn't know my suspension had started yet and I needed to see my child so I drove which was 1km to 2km away. I was driving and a highway patrol car was 3 cars back, so I kept on my way too where I was going and I got up the drive way of my child's house turned car off then got out and started to walk towards the front door. Then the patrol car pulls up the drive with no red and blue lights on still and does me for driving while suspended.

Is this still classed as being intercepted on #£€+# street?

Thanks

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
What is the actual charge they filed against you?

Iamthelaw

13 September 2016
Hi,

I would like to know if the police are in the wrong.

My drivers licence was suspended and at this time, I didn't know my suspension had started yet and I needed to see my child so I drove which was 1km to 2km away. I was driving and a highway patrol car was 3 cars back, so I kept on my way too where I was going and I got up the drive way of my child's house turned car off then got out and started to walk towards the front door. Then the patrol car pulls up the drive with no red and blue lights on still and does me for driving while suspended.

Is this still classed as being intercepted on #£€+# street?

Thanks
Yes