VIC Independent contractor - are some points acceptable in my collaboration agreement?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Vargulin

24 March 2022
Hi everyone,
My name is Liza, and it's the first time I got a job from an Australian company. I'm originally from Armenia, and I'll work remotely from here as a programmer and as an independent contractor. I want to ask you about these points in my collaboration agreement:

Your mess, you pay (Indemnity):

You agree that you will fully indemnify us and our team (e.g. directors, officers and employees) for any and all expenses and costs arising out of any claims, proceedings, demands, liabilities that result from, or have any connection with any of the following:
(a) Loss or damage caused by you whilst providing us with your services under this agreement;
(b) Your contractual breach or non-performance of this agreement;
(c) A negligent, willful or wrongful act or omission on your part; or
(d) Any tax liabilities or debts that arise for us due to your breach of your tax obligations under this agreement.
You also agree that we may set off any amount owed to us from you against any fees or other amount we owe you under this agreement.

These words sounded quite weird for me as a programmer, and I've never seen them before, working in the USA as an independent contractor or here at home. So what is the law enforcement practice? Could you give me any advice?

Cheers,
Liza.