NSW Immigration Law - Apply to Have Parents Immigrate to Australia?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

kjay60

3 February 2017
I am an Australian citizen with aging parents in the UK who are isolated from family with limited resources financially. I have only one sister who resides in the Middle East.

Q:

Under Immigration Law, can I apply for them to emigrate and reside here permanently with my husband and I where they have a family that includes a daughter, son-in-law, grandchildren and great grandchildren?

I fear being isolated from all family members is affecting the mental health of otherwise two healthy people in their seventies.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jermy

30 March 2015
I am an Australian citizen with aging parents in the UK who are isolated from family with limited resources financially. I have only one sister who resides in the Middle East.

Q:

Under Immigration Law, can I apply for them to emigrate and reside here permanently with my husband and I where they have a family that includes a daughter, son-in-law, grandchildren and great grandchildren?

I fear being isolated from all family members is affecting the mental health of otherwise two healthy people in their seventies.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I am not an immigration agent. I am talking from own information that I got some time ago.

As for parents immigrating to Australia, the rule was if 2/3 of children are in Australia, then it is accepted. Sounds from your post that you are two women only (50% in Australia).

The thing that may come against you is that your parents are aging (needing medical needs, if not now then later on) secondly limited financial resources, what you need to show is that those two items are addressed: example purchasing health insurance policies, then they will have financial support from you and your sister...

Again, please confirm with immigration agent before proceeding as my comments are from my own experience. Note my parents did not immigrated as plans changed.

Hope that helps,,,,