NSW im being charged with 3 different offences

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

xauke

5 October 2018
my dad was involved in a fight with bunch of group of friends over a stupid reason
and i made a stupid decision to grab and a knife and go down

im being charged with assault. affray. armed with intent to commit an indictable offence

all i did was walk towards those people and kept screaming at them saying they are bunch of pussies attacking a really old man whos mental disability person with schizophrenia and they ran off there was no threats or physical damage that was done and they ran off

so what is the best/worst that might happened to me on my court date?

Adam1user

5 January 2018
I'm not a lawyer, but it could be serious, best thing to do is contact a lawyer and also it will depend on your character, if you are violent, then although you have not done anything but based on your character, it will be assumed that you will do harm, but if you have a calm character, the magistrate/judge could consider the situation and circumstances and give you a section 10. I stress that I am not a lawyer and this is my opinion, talk to a lawyer whom will be able to give better advice.

xauke

5 October 2018
i have a lawyer that was given to me by the legal aid which is free i assume shes not %100 on my side for some reason i have clean record of my 10 years in australia she mentioned that i will do community service and have a criminal record now on